Many users have the need to use and show PDF files in their Apps, whether for a product catalogue, a promotional brochures or promotional flyers etc.
The Mobincube Apps do not allow viewing PDF files natively .But there are two alternative options that give us the possibility of using this file format.
1. It is possible to use services like http://issuu.com, which gives the chance of opening an account and to upload and distribute our publications worldwide .Once uploaded the Pdf on this website, we will get an URL that we can use and insert in a WEB Screen type , where to embed and display the PDF content.
2. Another option is to upload the PDF in Google Drive, sharing the document and setting the document properties, so it can be viewed publicly but not modified.
3. Once obtained the URL of the document,we can copy and insert it into a Web screen, as we did before (with the url obtained from the online service), or we can use it in Web View of a data view . To view the PDF in a data view screen type, we have to:
1. Create a Data View screen type and, once opened, we have to create a database.
2. Inserting the title and the number of columns / records we need.
3. The column that contains the Pdf URLs will be TEXT type
4. Let’s go to the database EDITION and just insert the Pdf URL (in our example we are going to insert it into the column “Catalogue” ) and let’s accept the changes.
5. Now let's choose a Web View.
6. When clicking on it, we will have a Key Field to choose. In this case we have the records: Shops and Catalogue and we will choose the second, which is the one which contains the URL of the PDF.
7. When downloaded the App, the catalogue is ready to be displayed.