If we need to use some videos in the App, we have 3 ways:
- Using a Detail screen.
- If we use a Details Screen, we can insert a VIDEO element onto that screen by dragging it onto the screen. Once the video element has been inserted, at the right side of the video, we can select and upload a video.
The video format has to be in MP4.
We can upload it from the Resource manager in 2 ways:
- Offline (if we want to select a local video from our PC)
- Remote (if we want to upload a video from the external server Cloud).
- Once we have uploaded the video we can choose:
- An action to execute
- When to execute the video: “When the video is touched” or “When the section loads”.
2. Another way to use a video is through the Data View:
- We can create a database with a Video field, where we can upload a video
- Once we have created the database with the video field, we can open a list or detail view and drag the Video field element onto the screen.
Also in this case we can choose:
- An action to execute
- When to execute the video: “When the video is touched” or when the section loads”.
The video will appear on the screen and on the simulator.
Note: If we want to upload a REMOTE VIDEO, this option is ideal to upload video resources from the Cloud or from an external server that we use.
Usually if we want to upload a video from a URL that we have stored IN GOOGLE DRIVE OR DROPBOX, we could have problems as the URL released doesn’t give us the direct access to the resource and it is not possible to view the video.
Also if we insert a YOUTUBE URL, it will not be possible to use it as Youtube videos don’t have an MP4 format and we will have to convert them to an MP4 format and then upload them directly to the Resources Manager or in the Cloud or to create a compatible URL from a server where we are going to store it.
3. Finally we can also use the PLAYER action:
If we have a valid URL of a Video stored in a web server, we can insert the URL into the Resources Manager, as an online resource. Then we can insert it into a Detail Screen, or into a View of the Data View, or a text or image and assign it the action: PLAYER and, following that, the URL of the MP4 Video or the field name of the video: for example (videos).
Youtube Link: Audio and Video with Mobincube