We can use a MAP screen to show some points of interest or, for example, to show the location of a Business that we are promoting in our App.
The Map screen offers three very interesting and useful functionalities:
- Add locations
- Auto Geo Location
- Draw routes
In order to add a new place/location on the map, just click on the "+" icon of the Map bar
- Add the Name of the Place
- You can choose if you wish to zoom onto the Place in the Map and to save the coordinates **, as in the following image.
** Remember NOT to add an space after the comma of the coordinates.
- Now you can define the Label for the places added to the map. Just click on the tag icon so that you can add an image of the place and a Text.
The Map allows us to assign a “Place Configuration” for the tag or the elements inserted in every place (text/images).
Once we click on the settings icon of each Place, we can choose the following setting: OPTION "CENTER".
- Center by default around the created tag.
- Center exclusively if this screen is for a certain destination you can define.
We can also assign an ACTION to execute from the tag, once clicked.
These are the actions you can apply to the tag:
- Go to Screen
- Go to URL
- Do nothing
- Send SMS
- Get location
- Video Ad
To see what kind of function executes each action, see the related article: Actions
AUTO GEO LOCATION
The MAP screen gives you the opportunity to get the location of the users who are using that screen in your App.
To use it, you only must set the action: “Get Location” in the Place Configuration and, when the user will click on the tag of the map, he will receive the information about his location.
As shown underneath, let's change to Route mode to mark the points on the map and the lines in between will be drawn automatically.
In order to edit the visual look of a route you can double click on the points of the route and define:
- Colors of lines
- Colors of dots
- Style of dots
On Youtube: Screen Map